There are not many buildings in Britain today as old as this church, for it has withstood the weathering of 1200 years. The font has been established as of eighth-century workmanship, and the antiquity of the architecture, the unusual construction of the roof timbers, and the thickness of the walls suggest that the church dates from much the same period. Its internal length is only 40 feet. There are two aisles, of which the north is the older. Popularly the building is known as Llewellyn's Old Church, from the tradition that Llewellyn the Great worshipped there.